Go to a better blog!


You can find a better version of my blog at http://www.adammarkus.com/blog/.

Be sure to read my Key Posts on the admissions process. Topics include essay analysis, resumes, recommendations, rankings, and more.

January 31, 2009

Good Loan News from Fuqua

This bit of good news just arrived in my Inbox:

"Greetings from The Fuqua School of Business!

I wanted to take a moment to share an update on our efforts to secure an improved loan program for international students. Fuqua's leadership team has been working on a number of fronts to address the issue of loans for our international students, and I'm pleased to report positive results.

First, let there be no uncertainty: Our international students will be able to secure loans for their studies at Fuqua. We have a solution in hand that will meet students' needs. At the same time, we are part of a consortium of top business schools that is exploring other lender options to ensure international students are getting the best possible loan terms.

In addition, we have been actively engaged in discussions with banks in regions around the world - including China and India - to identify further appropriate loan programs. These conversations have been fruitful, and negotiations are ongoing.

Further meetings are taking place with regional banks that have not previously provided international loans, but have expressed interest in our loan proposals and in establishing a relationship with Fuqua.

Though we have already identified a loan program that will suit the needs of our international students, we continue to consider this range of possible selections in order to be certain our students are able to secure the most favorable loan terms available. In the coming weeks, I will update you with more complete details on the international loan program when all options have been fully examined.

Fuqua's global strategy and the strong international contacts that have resulted from that strategy allow us to examine a number of loan programs. In the current economic environment, we're well positioned to ensure the most favorable loan terms to enable students from around the world to pursue MBA studies at Duke.

Please contact the admissions office if you have additional questions.

Best regards, Liz Riley Hargrove Associate Dean for Admission www.fuqua.duke.edu "

I am glad to know that Team Fuqua will be able to offer international students the necessary loans to study there.

Questions? Write comments, but do not send me emails asking me to advise you on your application strategy unless you are interested in my consulting services. Please see my FAQ regarding the types of questions I will respond to. Before emailing me questions about your chances for admission or personal profile, please see my recent post on "Why I don't analyze profiles without consulting with the applicant." If you are interested in my graduate admission consulting services, please click here.
-Adam Markus
アダム マーカス

ビジネススクール カウンセリング コンサルティング MBA留学


Real Time Web Analytics