Go to a better blog!


You can find a better version of my blog at http://www.adammarkus.com/blog/.

Be sure to read my Key Posts on the admissions process. Topics include essay analysis, resumes, recommendations, rankings, and more.

July 20, 2011

Wharton's Class of 2014 Essays are up, but...

7/23 Update.  Wharton has added the word counts (300 words for the professional objectives essay and 600 words for the other three).  My analysis will come out next week. Thanks to a reader for letting me know.  

Well, Wharton's MBA Class of 2014  admissions essays are up. Kind of.  Here they are:

"REQUIRED QUESTION:

What are your professional objectives?

RESPOND TO 2 OF THE FOLLOWING 3 QUESTIONS:

1. Reflect on a time when you turned down an opportunity. What was the thought process behind your decision? Would you make the same decision today?

2. Discuss a time when you faced a challenging interpersonal experience. How did you navigate the situation and what did you learn from it?


3.
"Innovation is central to our culture at Wharton. It is a mentality that must encompass every aspect of the School - whether faculty research, teaching or alumni outreach." - Thomas S. Robertson, Dean, The Wharton School
Keeping this component of our culture in mind, discuss a time when you have been innovative in your personal or professional life."

NOTICE SOMETHING MISSING?

Look closely.

No, I did not miss it.  Maybe they will fix it soon, but as of 6:04pm on July 20th Tokyo time there are no word counts listed for the essays. Of course, I tried to look at the online application, but that is not schedule to go live until August 1st.   I also checked the Wharton  MBA Admissions Blog, but nothing there either.  Oh well.  I guess my Wharton analysis will have to wait for a while.  Chicago Booth will be the next school I focus on.

By the way, unlike the overall set of questions Wharton asked last year, these are very easy to write on, but more about that sometime later.

If you notice that Wharton has posted the word counts, please let me know at adammarkus@gmail.com.

Adam Markus
アダム マーカス
I am a graduate admissions consultant based in Tokyo, Japan with clients worldwide. If you would like to arrange an initial consultation, please complete my intake form, which is publicly available on google docs here, and then send your completed form to adammarkus@gmail.com.  You can also send me your resume if it is convenient for you.  Please don't email me any essays, other admissions consultant's intake forms, your life story, or any long email asking for a written profile assessment. The only profiles I assess are those with people who I offer initial consultations to.  See here for why. Please note that initial consultations are not offered when I have reached full capacity or when I determine that I am not a good fit with an applicant.
Real Time Web Analytics