Go to a better blog!


You can find a better version of my blog at http://www.adammarkus.com/blog/.

Be sure to read my Key Posts on the admissions process. Topics include essay analysis, resumes, recommendations, rankings, and more.

July 03, 2012

My 2011-2012 Admissions Season in Retrospect

I wanted to provide a final take on the 2011-2012 admissions season for my clients.  Here are my select client results for 2009-2012:
MBA Comprehensive Service Client Select Results 2009-2012
School2012201120102009Total
Cambridge1 client applied and withdrew after admission to LBS2237
Columbia635216
Cornell Johnson02114
Chicago Booth544417
Duke2 2228
HBS41027
IESENo clients applied for 2012 2327
IMD 11215
INSEAD763216
Kellogg432413
LBS232310
Michigan (2Y, not GMBA) 24219
MIT626115
OxfordNo clients applied for 2012 32510
Stanford GSB23218
Tuck12216
UC Berkeley Haas 11114
UCLA 11158
Wharton712515
Clients in various years also admitted to Stanford Sloan, MIT Sloan Masters, NYU MBA, Yale MBA, and other top MBA programs. Results above are only for my comprehensive clients and do not include interview-only clients admitted to HBS, Stanford, MIT, Wharton, Columbia, and other top programs. You can find my full client results and testimonials here.

LL.M. Clients
-->
I work with a small number of LL.M. clients who are consistently admitted to top US Law Schools. For 2012 admission, I worked with 5 clients: One client was admitted to Yale, another was admitted to Harvard, and  one or more clients were admitted to Berkeley, Chicago, Columbia, Cornell, Georgetown, PENN, and UCLA. In 2011 and 2010, I worked with only 1 LL.M. client, in both years, my clients were accepted to Columbia. In 2009, 2 LL.M. clients were admitted to Harvard and another client was accepted at Columbia. 
Given that 2011-2012 was my tenth year as a graduate admissions consultant, I can honestly say it was the best ever. I have had the opportunity to work with an incredibly diverse range of remarkable people from Bangladesh, Czech Republic, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, United States, Taiwan, and Turkey. "My results" are theirs, I merely helped. I thank them for choosing to take my advice and putting in the hard work necessary to get into the world's top MBA programs. 

I celebrated my tenth season by traveling with my wife from April to the middle of June to Singapore, Turkey, Germany, France, Spain, Portugal, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Belgium, The Czech Republic, Israel, Austria, Bulgaria and Switzerland, but not necessarily in that order. It was a long and amazing trip. Along the way, I visited IESE in April and IMD in May. Since getting back to Tokyo I have been having initial consultations with potential clients and I am already starting to work with some clients on their first round applications. I am back writing the blog on a more or less constant basis and hope to have many posts up in July and August before I get real busy.


-Adam Markus

I am a graduate admissions consultant who works with clients worldwide. If you would like to arrange an initial consultation, please complete my intake form. Please don't email me any essays, other admissions consultant's intake forms, your life story, or any long email asking for a written profile assessment. The only profiles I assess are those with people who I offer initial consultations to. Please note that initial consultations are not offered when I have reached full capacity or when I determine that I am not a good fit with an applicant.
Real Time Web Analytics