Go to a better blog!


You can find a better version of my blog at http://www.adammarkus.com/blog/.

Be sure to read my Key Posts on the admissions process. Topics include essay analysis, resumes, recommendations, rankings, and more.

May 30, 2013

MIT MBA Class of 2016 Deadlines: Earlier than ever before

As part of the trend of ever earlier admissions deadlines, MIT Sloan, which always had a later MBA Round One  admission deadline than its rival institutions, has joined the trend. Here are the deadlines:

MBA Program Deadlines – For August 2014 Entry

MBA Round I MBA Round II
Applications must be submitted by 3:00 p.m. ET Tue, September 24, 2013 Tue, January 7, 2014
The Admissions Committee notifies applicants of their decision by** Fri, December 20, 2013 Tue, April 1, 2014
Admitted applicants must reply to their offer by Mon, March 3, 2014 Thur, May 1, 2014
*Reapplicants may submit their applications by the Round I or by the Round 2 deadline. LGO reapplicants must submit their reapplications by the LGO deadline.
**Decisions will be released early for some candidates who will be denied admission without an interview.

As of the time of this posting, MIT has not yet updated its essays for Fall 2014 entry, but I assume that will happen soon enough.
The one thing I am really certain of is that I will be really busy in August and September.   Of course, some applicants are already working on their Columbia and Stanford applications, since those two schools have already updated their applications for 2014 entry.


-Adam Markus
I am a graduate admissions consultant who works with clients worldwide. If you would like to arrange an initial consultation, please complete my intake form. Please don't email me any essays, other admissions consultant's intake forms, your life story, or any long email asking for a written profile assessment. The only profiles I assess are those with people who I offer initial consultations to. Please note that initial consultations are not offered when I have reached full capacity or when I determine that I am not a good fit with an applicant.
Real Time Web Analytics